Tuesday, April 21, 2009

A Semi-Masculine Card

All supplies SU unless noted: Short & Sweet stamp set, textured cardstock in baja breeze, cardstock in kiwi kiss and whisper white, ink in baja breeze, heart to heart and word window punches, urban oasis designer series paper, ribbon in chocolate chip

I struggle to make masculine cards, I have to restrain myself from adding another bow or a sprinkling of glitter. I would consider this just a "semi-masculine" card because I couldn't help but add the subtle heart accents at the top. However, I think that one can get away with putting some lovey-dovey details if you give it to someone special...since it's a gift from the heart after all.

Within this card I can highlight 3 ways that this card was an efficient use of resources:

1. This card was made from a 6x6 piece of paper folded in half to become 3x6. You may have alredy done the math, but this means 4 cards can be produced from one piece of 12x12 cardstock.

2. After using the Word Window Punch on the tweed patterned paper, I placed a scrap piece of Whisper White behind it. Using a pencil I lightly marked the area that would appear through the Word Window. After stamping the "love you" sentiment I adhered the Whisper White cardstock to the back of the designer paper.

3. I used the Heart to Heart punch to create some textured hearts to add interest to the top of the card.
When you love paper as much as I love paper you'll enjoy using Stampin' Up! punches as they allow you to conserve your resources. When you can see where you're punching you can punch as close to the edge as you can in order to conserve paper.

Don't throw that scrap away! The negative space left post-punch would make a great border for your next project.

Feel free to share some more paper saving tips in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment